Hasbro and Harmonix Turn Up the Volume, Debut Pre-Order for the Music-Mixing Game DROPMIX
Now Available for Pre-Order in the U.S. at DropMix.com and in Stores
Game Features Three Play Modes and Hit Songs from Blink-182,
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170901005055/en/
Hasbro and Harmonix Debut Pre-Order for the Music-Mixing Game, DROPMIX. (Photo: Business Wire)
DROPMIX is a first-of-its-kind competitive gaming experience that blends physical and digital play to give players a fresh way to combine their favorite artist and songs and discover new ones. When a DROPMIX Card is placed on a Mix Slot, the electronic DROPMIX Board immediately starts playing the corresponding part of the song (bass, beat, loop or vocals) noted on the card. The board reads up to five DROPMIX Cards at time, using NFC chip-enabled cards, and the proprietary software in the app seamlessly combines the music within each card to create a unique mix.
“We are one step closer to fans being able to get their hands on the DROPMIX game and begin to create and discover their own mind-blowing music mixes with their friends,” said
DROPMIX features three gameplay modes, including the just announced Freestyle Mode, to offer players both competitive and solo play experiences:
- Freestyle Mode: A solo play mode where players can build the ultimate mix picking any artists, genres or song parts. No rules - play any card in any slot! Players can save their mixes in the DROPMIX app and share them with friends at any time!
- Party Mode:A team-based game where players race against the clock to achieve the highest score by matching requests made via the DROPMIX app. Every request answered rewards points based on how quickly players place their cards down. Answer all the requests accurately to unlock a bonus round and push your score even higher.
- Clash Mode: A head-to-head competitive mode where players need to think strategically to dominate the mix. By carefully choosing and building decks, players can use different abilities to score points or block opponents as they race to be the first to reach 21 points.
DROPMIX cards feature some of the biggest hits in Pop, R&B, Dance, Indie, Country, Rock and Hip-Hop from around the world that players can combine in unexpected ways. Today, Hasbro is also unveiling fifteen new additional songs including:
- BLINK-182 - “ALL THE SMALL THINGS”
BRUNO MARS- “24K MAGIC” CARLY RAE JEPSEN- “CALL ME MAYBE” DOLLY PARTON- “JOLENE” MARKY MARK& THE FUNKY BUNCH – “GOOD VIBRATIONS (FT. LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY)”
- OUTKAST - “MS. JACKSON”
- PANIC! AT THE DISCO - “EMPEROR’S NEW CLOTHES”
- VAMPIRE WEEKEND - “A-PUNK”
- WALK THE MOON - “SHUT UP AND DANCE”
Previously announced hit tracks include:
- FIFTH HARMONY - “WORK FROM HOME”
- IMAGINE DRAGONS – “RADIOACTIVE”
- MGMT – “KIDS”
- SIA – “CHANDELIER”
- SKRILLEX – “BANGARANG (FT. SIRAH)”
- THE WEEKND – “CAN’T FEEL MY FACE”
And many more!
The DROPMIX Music Gaming System, which includes an electronic DROPMIX Board and 60 DROPMIX Cards across multiple music genres, will be available at major retailers and online on
For more DROPMIX images and assets, visit newsroom.Hasbro.com.
DROPMIX is a dynamic and fast-paced music-mixing game that uses powerful technology to give players a new way to create surprising music mixes while competing and connecting with friends. DROPMIX was developed as a collaboration between Hasbro and award-winning video game developer Harmonix. The game will be available at major retailers and online
Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global play and entertainment company committed to Creating the World's Best Play Experiences. From toys and games to television, movies, digital gaming and consumer products, Hasbro offers a variety of ways for audiences to experience its iconic brands, including NERF, MY LITTLE PONY, TRANSFORMERS, PLAY-DOH, MONOPOLY, LITTLEST PET SHOP and MAGIC: THE GATHERING, as well as premier partner brands. The Company's Hasbro Studios and its film label, Allspark Pictures, are building its brands globally through great storytelling and content on all screens. Through its commitment to corporate social responsibility and philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to make the world a better place for children and their families. Learn more at www.hasbro.com, and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews) and Instagram (@Hasbro).
Jen DeAngelis, 401-727-6833