Hasbro Joins Leading and Largest CEO-Driven Coalition to Address Diversity & Inclusion
“With this pledge,
CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is cultivating a new type of ecosystem centered around collaboration and sharing. The collective of more than 700 signatories have already shared more than 600 best known actions via the initiative’s unified hub, CEOAction.com.
Hasbro’s diversity and inclusion strategy is focused on three areas:
- Our Employees – Promoting a culture of inclusion in which our employees feel valued, respected and engaged and where their differences, skills and experiences are embraced.
- Our Supply Chain – Positively impacting the lives and well-being of workers in our supply chain, including women, who represent the vast majority of factory workers making our products.
- Our Brands and Storytelling – Building our brands globally through inclusive and expansive play and entertainment experiences, which reflect the diverse backgrounds and interests of our consumers, including children, families and fans.
The Company has taken a number of actions to advance diversity and inclusion, and will be contributing to CEOAction.com to share best practices and lessons learned with other companies in the coalition.
Notable actions include:
- Appointed Bryony Bouyer, Senior Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion and Multicultural Strategy, to oversee the Company’s efforts
- Enhanced parental leave benefits in the U.S. to offer more paid time off for new parents, including birth mothers, fathers, same-sex partners and adoptive parents
Launched a global supply chain worker well-being
pilot program in
Indiaand Chinato empower female factory workers
- Expanded the Hasbro Employee Networks to additional offices around the world; each group has an executive sponsor from Hasbro’s senior leadership team
- Launched BE FEARLESS BE KIND, Hasbro’s signature philanthropic initiative, designed to empower children to have the empathy, compassion and courage to stand up for others and be inclusive throughout their lives
“We are so proud that we are continuing to build momentum and support
for the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion across companies,
industries, and regions. This collaboration expands our reach and brings
in unique values, actions and perspectives to continue to raise the bar
for the entire business community,” said
The CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion is led by a steering committee
of CEOs and leaders from
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190611005696/en/